Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chris Elston

Cimplicity Newbie here

3 posts in this topic

Cimplicity Quarks: I am new to Cimplicity and trying to learn some of the ins and outs. One of my questions is I like to backup my PLC software using a sync/backup software called SyncBack. Syncback needs to know a folder name in order to backup anything and synchronize with another folder location on my network. My question is, I did a search for my project name "M1258" but I dunno which one of these folder I can backup that is my project. I see that you can close your project and right click and do a backup. Apparently, GE doesn't make it too easy to backup your work like VersaPro. Nor do I get a choice where I want my M1258 project file to be located on my computer. Apparently, GE decided to lock down the location of my project file for maybe what? Version control etc?

You will want the three files (ProgName).SwcCF, (ProgName).ini, and (ProgName).VarCF that are in this directory: C:\Program Files\CIMPLICITY Machine Edition\SecurWORX\Local\FrameworX\(ProgName) But, as you indicated it is designed to Backup with the program closed and will likely work better this way. You are right that the reason for this is version control, or more specifically Proficy Manager control.

Guest has the directory tree right. You can change where the files will be saved under the Machine Edition/Preferences Menu. However it will take that location and add the Securworx\local\Framework directories to the tree. Really annoying. I tried to change it to my syncyed network drive and Cimplicity started crashing. The backup works pretty good, it saves everything as a zip file.