Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
valerio81

cx-serverlite ActiveX

5 posts in this topic

hi i'm doing a software with VB and Cx-serverLite. i have more then 500 words to read every 1-2 seconds. i've tried to do it with a timer in VB but the result is not good... 4-5 seconds to get data. so PC doesent work well it's possible to have more speed?? some help??? thank you Valerio

How are you communicating to the PLC serial/ethernet etc. Are the registers contigous ? Ie have you borken the call say into to reads only, all the data been stored in words say D0 thru D500. ?

communication is ethernet. i can put all words contiguos.. now words are not ordered... i wanna try to get an array, it was an idea but i had some problems.. i let you see my code 1) myArray = Comms1.ReadArea(“arrayCdm”, 10, vbInteger, WaitUntilComplete) for 10 words but array is variant... how can i read it???? 2) myArray = Comms1.Values(“arrayCdm”) it doesent recognize as an array maybe problems are in VB and not in communication protocol but i'm not expert... thank you Valerio

Have you looked in the download section ? I suggest that you follow this link.. CX-Server Lite example by Jay it might clear things up a little. Secondly, yes it would be better to make contigous. Thrirdly, have you defined "arraycdm" in the comm;s component of cx-server lite? Have you declared myArray as an array in VB ?

thank you for link.. now i try to use the example... i have declared myArray in VB dim myArray(15) as variant and in the CDM file i declare a memory as a array.. but VB doesent accept it..