Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
alik

Setting Up an MPI Connection CP5611

5 posts in this topic

Hello , I am trying to set up an MPI connection with a CP5611 Profibus Card . The old PC that held the program have had a hard disk and motherboard failure so I had to reinstall the CP5611 card in another pc and load the original software there . I tried to follow the instruction in order to setup a PC/PG station but I can not communicate with CP5611 card from simatic netpro . It is obvious that I am doing it wrong as the CP5611 card is being recognized by Win2000 . When I do the s7 connection , it is required to fill the Local ID, Partner, and Partner Address . where can I find these ? I request help from an experienced user of Simatic net . I attach the original program without the PC/PG station . Scrub_swr.zip

What is it that you are trying to achieve ? What does the software (on the PG/PC station) do ? Is it for programming via STEP7 ? If so, what version number is it ? Is it some HMI or SCADA software ? If so, what is it ? Is it an OPC connection ? Or .. ? I can probably help, but you have to provide much more details up front.

Thanks sparky , It is for programming via step 7 v5.1 and also for HMI ( wincc 5.1) . There is OPC connection . HMI.zip

OK, simultanous OPC server and programming with STEP7. You didnt state it, but you must have "Simatic Softnet S7". Otherwise you couldt get to setting up the S7 connection. 1st, get the guide "Setup OPC with Simatic Net" that I posted HERE (browse to "Siemens"). Follow it to setup the OPC connection. 2nd, in addition to the OPC server that you setup with the above guide, you must add a "PG/PC station" to the project to be able to go online with SETP7. This is fairly straightforward. Notice that you do not have to configure an S7 Connection for the "PG/PC station". BTW, what S7 hardware do you have at the other end ?

Thanks Jesper you can find network configuration and cpu type in the software file I uploaded . Thanks for the guide document .