Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boston54

PLC-2 Software

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a friend with a number of older presses still using the A/B plc-2/30 as a control. I despaately need softeare to alter these programs. Rockwell is charging $10,580. list price for the old AI software just to scare people away. If you are aware of any other package I can use, please advise. Thanks, Greg

Check out the PLC/2 programming software from Xcel. Its called Topdoc and I recall using it back in the late 80s and early 90s for PLC3 and 5; worked pretty good at the time. PLC2 Price is $3750 US + 10% per year support. You'll have to move quick before November 1st. Edited by jstolaruk

I can sell you the original A.I. software for much less. Activation included. Contact me at truyzky@yahoo.com if you are interested. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Make sure anything from A-B has the activation disk with at least one install. The Xcel product we used (UPDOC) had unprotected software but required a dongle.

FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc www.fast-soft.com still sells and supports their Allen-Bradley PLC-2 software. It is a full Online/Offline complete PLC programming application. It is FAR less than the Rockwell offering. It comes with the install disk, a manual, and a dongle for activation. With the purchase, you receive a 1 year warranty on it with unlimited technical support. Feel free to contact me Jim Rozewicz FasTrak SoftWorks, Inc. 262.238.8088 jim@fast-soft.com

Just ran across these old posts and wanted to add that I have two of the old T-3 programmers for the PLC-2/20,30 if anyone is intrested. These things are heavy but both are in working condition.