Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gerry griffin

RS Wire

8 posts in this topic

I am in need of a copy of RS Wire, Rockweel no longer has this software on the market and the company that I am currently employed at could really use it. I have my AB rep trying to locate a used copy of this without any luck. Any help would be very thankful. Grief

When I worked at an A-B distributor back in the late 90s, we requested a sales demo of RSWire because we had some interested customers. RSI is usually real good about supplying distributors with the latest revs of software to dazzle customers with. No luck with RSWire though! If we wanted a copy, we had to pay full price like everyone else! (We passed on the offer by the way) Turns out, RSWire was licensed by RSI from some third-party company that wrote it. And they were very stingey about who got to see their product apparently.. Gee I wonder why RSI dropped it :)

The old RSWire product is made by a company called ECT, and it is marketed under the name promis*e. http://www.ecti.com/ Some RA distributors sell this stuff, ask yours if they sell it.

You can also get Promis e at AD website: Check here.

Just in case, you would consider using a different product? I use ACAD electrical. I've done a couple of drawings with RSWire and maybe it was just my inexperience with it, so weigh that into what I say, but IMO, ACAD electrical was easier to use and far more capable. Edited by Alaric

I agree too. AE rulez...

Gentlemen; I thank you for your timely response to my inquiry. To answer the question about why Rockwell dropped RS Wire, the reason as I have been told is that the sales versus the cost of updates and support was a loosing situation. A/B will continue to support the product in the future but will not release any software to local sales reps for resale. I will continue to post to this and other sites in the hope that the software will be made available for resale to myself and my company. Gerry G.

The versions that ECT let Rockwell private label as RSWire were not as powerful as the promis*e product, so you never got full functionality of the software that you can get buying it directly from ECT.