Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mulderm

Omron F160 Vision System

9 posts in this topic

Is there somebody who have worked with the Omron F160 Vision System? I want to communicate with this with the parallel I/O or the RS-232. How to make RS-232 connection with the Allen Bradley basic-module 1771-DB/B? Greetings, mulderm

To utilse the outputs or the RS232 port i remember to be not that difficult with a 150 system and i am sure thee 160 is quite similar in principal. If you are at all familar with setting up to get a measurement on the screen then you simply assign this result to an output. If you want RS232 then i would suggest to set the Port to stream the measuremnt results you require straight out, even to hyper terminal for testing !!!... I know the F150 (a certain model) could sit on devicenet, perhaps a 160 could ? Got no idea on the AB basic module...

Do you have a sample code in Hyperterminal for example selected an image-number? How must I give the commando´s? Every sample I appreciated. mulderm

What information are you wanting to get out of the F160? The setup of the system will depend on what you are wanting to do. You will need to setup several things in the SYS menu area, including communication parameters. I do not have experience with the DB module, but may be able to help you configure the F160. gtsuport

I will first want to know how to configure the parallel I/O communications. When a produkt arrives in the machine I will send the selected image to the F160 and the F160 must detected the object and give an OK signal to a plc. Wich selected input-lines (24V dc) do I need? Second how to configure the RS232 communications using Hyperterminal to give commando´s to the F160 to select an image (max 1024)? I will using an Allen Bradley 1771-db/b communications module for the RS-232 communications to the F160. I must write a basic-program for this for the serial communication using AscII-commands (rs-232 protocol) to select an image. Hope this is clear.

mulderm, I think I understand what you want to do. You may be able to do it completely with I/O. You should get the Communications Setup manual for the F160 Catalog #Z146-E1-1. The manual will help explain many of your questions. You can download from www.knowledge.omron.com. The STEP input will cause the F160 to take an image and perform the inspection. The OR output will provide the "Good Part/Bad Part" signal. Scenes (inspection setup criteria) may be changed using the digital I/O. DI0 - DI4 are used to select the scene (0 - 31) or scene group (0-31 scene group # each with 0-31 scenes possible, requires a compact flash card in controller). DI7 is the scene switch input, DI7 and DI8 are the scene group switch inputs and DI9 is the Execute input. That is the basic connection information. All of this can be done with RS232 serial also. The string commands are all in the manual mentioned above. I hope this will help. gtsuport

Thank you for the information. I have download the communications manual and study on it. A few questions: The input format for the parallel lines: a "0" indicates ON, is this a 0V signal? a "1" indicates Off, is this a 24V signal? What is the different between the Conversational and the Expert Menu? Greetings, mulderm

I believe there is an error in the manual. 0 indicates the input is off and 1 indicates the input is on. (They may have been thinking about voltage for NPN controller). Actual voltage will depend on if the controller is NPN (F160-C10) or PNP (F160-C15). In Conversational menu mode, the controller tries to prompt you through the setup. In Expert mode you can access the full capability of the controller. Good Luck, gtsuport

Thank you for the information, it helps me a lot. Greetings, mulderm