Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChrisKozanecki

Pinout Problem

13 posts in this topic

I have an ID231, ID261, OD231, & OD261. I assume that the 261's are just doubles of the 231 versions, (correct me if I am wrong), but I cannot find a pinout of either one. Here is my problem. I have the cables for them (which are 1 to 1) and instead of going to an omron termnal block with them like they were designed for, I am wanting to connect to a custom made board that will be creating the input signals based on the output I turn on. What I need though is the pinout of the PLC card so I can make sure to connect my common correctly, power for outputs, and correctly provide the I/O locations. Anyone know where I can find this info? I dont want to blow up my cards!

Instead of me researching both ends of the cable, are you interested in the module connector pinout (which will be found in the operation manual for the CJ1,) or are you interested in the IDC connector end of the cable which you call 1 to 1? If it's the IDC connector, tell me which cable numbers you have. CJ1_Module_Wiring.pdf

That is exactly what I was looking for Jay! thank you. You said that it came from the operation manual for the CJ1, but I thought I looked there. I sure can be blind some times LOL! What I meant by 1 to 1 cable is: PLC Side Cable End Pin 1 Pin 1 Pin 2 Pin 2 . . . . . . . . Pin 39 Pin 39 Pin 40 Pin 40 Basicly, I have the XW2Z-050B Cables, and I needed to know what signal was supposed to be on each pin by the time it got back to the PLC. from what I can tell the PDF you linked has this information.

The Drawings that I posted show Pins A1-A20 and Pins B1-B20 - not 1-40. Diagramatically, this has confused many a customer when trying to accomplish what you are doing. Take a close look at the cable below. XW2Z_100B_R1.pdf

Your drawing has confused me.... I have one that shows A1 = Pin1, B1 = Pin2, etc... Your drawing shows A1= Pin 40, B1 = Pin 39, etc... I am not sure which one to believe now, I guess I will have to use a meter and ohm out whether it flips or not. Edited by ChrisKozanecki

What's the source of this drawing?

You will find the pinouts in the Basic I/O Module Catalogue Link http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/P...pdf?OpenElement

He's not looking for the module pinouts. He's looking for the pin numbers of the IDC connector on the cable that goes into the din rail mount terminal blocks.

OK JAY - Here are pinouts he needs. SEE XW2Z CABLES ON PAGE 3 AND 4 http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/P...pdf?OpenElement I do not know why anyone would ant to complicate their wiring problems by mixing connector manufacturers at each end of a ribbon cable. My current project is similar original poster. PLC to Custom PC Board. Used standard 40 Pin IDC female connectors at each end of an off the shelf ribbon cable. 40 Pin IDC Header on PC Board. BUT USED ID232, ID262 OD232 and OD262 I/O Modules.

OK, sorry for the confusion, but as you can see, this is not a straightforward documentation issue. The last cable diagram posted was a -1 revision. Here is the non -1 drawing. XW2Z_500B.pdf

Yeah, I dont know either.... personally I wanted to use the MIL style I/O Module instead of the Fujitsu, but when the company says "we have all of these other cables here, and we want to standardize" you are left using what style is already in the plant. Too bad the ones in the plant were done against our specifications and the person in charge didn't have the *ahem* to stand up for our company. Now we are stuck using a cable set that isn't what we originally wanted.

Thank you both for your help. http://oeiwcsnts1.omron.com/pdfcatal.nsf/P...pdf?OpenElement That BITS N BYTES posted is actually the document that I had and was refering to when I mentioned that I thought A1->1, B1->2. Your newest document confirms that for me, but I will still ohm out the cable before I submit the board to be made. The document that you posted Jay (CJ1_Module_Wiring.pdf) and the document from BITS N BYTES (Module Pinout One) both have the same information, just slightly different format. I think the one BITS posted is a bit easier to read as a quick reference, although yours Jay has a lot more of the precautions in it. The combination of all these documents will come in very handy for ensuring that I get my signals correct.

The difference between my documents and BITS N BYTES is mine is the actual manual and the other documents are sales literature. Sales literature is always easier to read because it leaves out the detail. Both have value.