Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest OZZY

SERIES 1 PLC

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of logicmaster 1 program old dos stuff

Other than ebay, I'm not sure where you could get Logicmaster One. I don't think distributors can get it anymore. Depending on which CPU model you have, Automation Direct's DirectSoft32 might be able to read your program. It will work with CPU105 and CPU106.

Is logicmaster free now or that another software package older than dirt I am thinking of?

I would be surprised to learn that Logicmaster has been officially offered for free. Chris, if you can get an official statment that it's OK to do so, I'll zip up the files necessary to deploy Logicmaster One ad Logicmaster One Junior and put them in the downloads section. I know you've said to go ahead and post manuals unless they tell us to stop, but I think that posting copyrighted software might be more problematic. Case in point: Allen Bradly is still offering software for the PLC2, but at ridiculously inflated prices. Their rationale is that there is a group of integrators with a substantial volume of business supporting the installed base of PLC2s and AB is supporting those integrators by keeping the price of the tools high.

You can still buy the Series 1 Software from GE Fanuc, contact your distributor and order part number IC641PBE324, LM 1, All in one. This is S1, 1+, and Jr. Cost should be $54.00 US, or there 'bouts.

Cool! Thanks Russ.

Steve, Whoa up! Re-read my post. I was asking YOU if it was free. I heard a rumor it was, but wasn't sure. I thought you knew.

I have never seen anything 'FREE' at GE. You either buy it or it is no longer available. There is too much liability in 'FREE'.

Yeah your probablly right... what the heck was I thinking!