Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Apollonia

Analog Outputs

6 posts in this topic

Hey there, Could anyone recommend a small PLC (i.e Micrologix or equivalent) which has 4 analog outputs either on-board or on a reasonably prices expansion board? I have used AB, Siemens, Omron, and Keyence before and wuld consider any reputable manufacturer. Any help is much appreciated, John

The ML1200 has an analog output expansion module, here is a link to the expansion module web page: ML1200

Direct logic or omron.. direct logic you can get the dl05 plc with a 4 input analog card for under $300

KinK, The original post was for analog outputs. The DL05 only has analog outputs through a combination module that includes inputs. Unfortunately, you can only get a maximum of two outputs, whereas they are requesting four. I am biased as to what controller to offer as a solution. Depending on the number of digital I/O you will require, you may want to consider the Smart-PAK PLUS - Smart-PAK PLUS You can obtain a configuration of 4 analog outputs as 0-5, 0-10, +/-5 VDC or two of the outputs can be 0-20 mA. In addition, the controller would be configured with 8 DC in / 6 relay out. A single piece OEM price starts at $565.00 for the above configuration with two serial ports. This price includes software and support. Please note that I work for Entertron Industries...for which this product is manufactured. There are other larger systems that would allow you to do this, but the cost will be greater. A DL205 is approximately $700, with a small amount of digital I/O. This does not include software. A Micrologix 1500 is approximately $1540.00 before any discounts and does not include software. Mitsubishi FX1N is approximately $655.00 before any discounts and doesn't include software Siemans S7200 is approximately $620.00 before any discounts and doesn't include software. Keyance Visual is approximately $779.00 for two analog output modules (2 points each) before any discounts and doesn't include programming software. Hope this helps. God Bless,

OOps sorry I read it as inputs.... .

You could try ICP-DAS I_7000 7188XG with 8 analog inputs or any type inputs for under $300 check out there web site.