Stevepjr

NA5 line animation scaling off

5 posts in this topic

I have a customer that is requesting some HMI upgrades for one of their processes. I uploaded the project and made the changes i needed to, however i noticed something strange. When i would start the NA simulation, the lines (piping) i animated between tanks and pumps were way out of position. Within my project everything is square and level. I verified the page settings are set to 1280x800 on the original page and mine. I basically duplicated the HMI pages and made the changes i needed to. I tried running the simulator on a 1080 screen and 1440 but had the same effect. I finished the project and downloaded it at the customer sight assuming that it was probably just my laptop display causing the scaling issue. When i navigated to the page i made, i had the same scaling issue. I ended up moving my line animations way out of proportion so i could square up the running HMI. I also noticed on other untouched (original) display pages the same scaling problem existed. 

Its a NA5-15w101-V1 and on omrons site is a 1280x800 display. Has anyone seen this before and know a remedy? Or do i need to keep making adjustments to offset the scaling issue? Thanks!

12 inch and 15 inch are both 1280x800.  Were the screens originally designed for the 7" or 9" at 800x480?

Thanks for the reply Crossbow. Is there a way to find this out? If I look at the size of each page they are set to 1280x800 (except for popups of course). And the size grayed out so i can't change any values. I'm assuming that is hard-set when you select your HMI. 

I had a similar problem to this a while back, it turned out to a be a bug in the firmware, I reported to my omron rep and he couldn't reproduce it until he downgraded the firmware. If you change the model version to something higher the firmware will update when you connect to it next time, sysmac comes with the required firmware to update it, see if it helps.

2 people like this

Thanks hecateh I'll try this next time I am on site.