Asrarmeryem

The Integration of PowerFlex Drives in a Schneider Control System

2 posts in this topic

Hello, I am reaching out today to ask for your assistance because I am in need of your help. My internship project revolves around the communication between Rockwell components and the Schneider controller. I have utilized EtherNet/IP communication and added the EDS files of the components into Control Expert Classic (V15). My issue lies in successfully communicating with the drives; while I have managed to establish communication with Point I/O, I have been unable to do so with the drives. I have a PowerFlex 400 series B drive with a 20-COMM-E series A card. I have added the drive's EDS file into Control Expert Classic. Additionally, I have a PowerFlex 700 series B drive with a 20-COMM-E series B card. I am nearing the end of my internship (final study internship), with only 2 weeks remaining, so I am earnestly hoping to find assistance. Please, help me. Details: Schneider Controller BMEP582020, PowerFlex 700 series B drive model: 20BC3P5A0 AYNANC0 (V 8.002), with 20-COMM-E series B card (V 4.001), and a PowerFlex 400 series B drive model: 22CD022N103 (V 8.002), with 20-COMM-E series A card (V 1.007).

I doubt this will be much help, but AB drives usually have a Status Word, Command Word and Data Links between themselves and the PLC.

The Powerflex Manuals will describe the Status Word, Command Word and Data Links in detail.  The trick will be to find how in Schneider Memory / Tag Structure the EDS has mapped them.

The HIM of the drives will also be useful as they will tell you when you have supplied th appropriate Stop/Enable signals to allow the drives to runa t all.

Speaking of which, have you run the drives from the HIM to confirm you're enables and stops are wired correctly?

1 person likes this