Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
19Jonny1998

Pilz & FX5U communication

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I am relatively new to gxworks and I am struggling to find any help online regarding communicating between a pilz and fx5u.

I am trying to communicate between a pilz m b0 & m ES Eth to a FX5U PLC. I am not having any luck with them communicating with each other. On the ethernet configuration on GX works 3 I am getting a constant ‘connecting’ in the TCP status section. I have function blocks setup in the code. The ip address is correctly set on the pilz unit. The PLC and pilz are connected to each other with an ethernet switch, when I am connected to the switch from my laptop I can go online with them both at the same time. If you require anymore information please ask, I understand I am may be missing something. Any help would be very much appreciated

ethernet config.PNG

ethernet diagnostics.PNG

Pilz.PNG

Ethernet/IP is not a "Standard" Ethernet socket connection. I think to talk to this device you need a FX5-ENET/IP module. This is what we use to talk to Ethernet/IP devices such as Inverters / Loadcell's etc.

This module is not Ethernet/IP standard. It is a standard Ethernet communication which can be used with FX5U CPU.

Status "connecting" means that your connection is established correctly. I think you can create telegram now and use Socket send and Socket receive functions.