mtadamek

LS electric master k 120s connection help

9 posts in this topic

Checking to see if anyone can help me.  I need to copy a program from a LS electric master k 120s PLC k7m-dr20ue and upload it to another plc (same model).  I cannot get it to connect.  I have read the manual, watched videos, and everything in between.  I always get "failed to connect" message every time.  It might be the USB to serial cable I am using.  I bought another cable and it does the same thing.  The driver for the cable works and tries to connect.  I have tried putting dip switch #1 on the cnet to the "on" with no change.  I have 120v power to the plc and everything lights up and seems to work.  I am using the software KGL_WE from LS electric.  I have matched the baud rate with no change.  Com port is #4 and matches up.  Would anyone have any tips to connect?  

Here is the new cable I purchased.

41DRc0Z%2BPvL._SY90_.jpg

I don’t work with LS but I could suggest you to work only with the brand’s original equipment. I have had the same problems with my brand and solved them by using an original adapter.

As far as I can see, the converter from the link is universal and there is no guarantee that it can work with your controller.

It could be possible that pin arrangement of the USB to RS-232 converter is different than the PLC’s port. If there is not an autodetect function of the software you may not coonect as well.

There may be other reasons related to a wrong converter.

Edited by IvanBratanov

Thank you!  I have ordered the correct usb serial converter.  I appreciate your help!

You’re welcome! Working equipment (the correct software and adapter and the proper PLC) should establish the connection at once. 

PC to PLC RS-232 or RS-485 connection is the most easiest thing when the proper equipment is held.

That worked!  Thank you for the advice.  I was able to connect with the plc.  It has a password though.  I want to learn to program the plc, but I need to get the ice machine running.  I see their are programs that look at the serial cable information and tells you the password.  I dont know if I trust the web sites.  Any information or tips to solve the problem would be helpful.  

As long as I know any actions related to passwords breakdowns are not allowed here at the forum. If there is a password on the PLC that means there is a copyright on the program inside. That is the main purpose of the password.

I suppose the site admin could take a stand on the matter, but I think it is forbidden.

Anyway the problem that started your topic was solved.

Edited by IvanBratanov

I understand.  That makes sense.  I am new to this and have a lot to learn.  Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate it.

On 12/17/2023 at 2:32 AM, IvanBratanov said:

As long as I know any actions related to passwords breakdowns are not allowed here at the forum. If there is a password on the PLC that means there is a copyright on the program inside. That is the main purpose of the password.

I suppose the site admin could take a stand on the matter, but I think it is forbidden.

Anyway the problem that started your topic was solved.

Thank you @IvanBratanov The prohibition on password cracking discussions exists to respect the hard work of manufacturers and vendors.  Many manufacturers frequent the site and monitor it.

On 12/17/2023 at 8:28 AM, mtadamek said:

I understand.  That makes sense.  I am new to this and have a lot to learn.  Thank you for your help.  I really appreciate it.

@mtadamek You mention an "ice machine" , I would reach out the manufacturer about the password issue.