Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robror_

1734-AENTR Fault codes

3 posts in this topic

Hi there!

I've been looking for some fault codes table for the 1734-AENTR adapters, since I'd like to show a message in HMI with some information when there is a faulty adapter, but I haven't found anything on the internet.

So my question is, is there any type of table like this for these adapters?

Right now I have a PLC with some AENTR adapters in the program for testing, and since there is actually no adapter connected to it, I can see a 16#2024 error in the module properties, but can't seem to find that info in the module variables.

Do you guys have any clue on how to find this information in order to show it?

Thanks in advance!

In the PLC, use GSV to extract the EntryStatus, FaultCode, and FaultInformation into local variables.  Set the local variables to display in Hex format for best results.  In my EtherNet/IP module for Ignition, I format errors the same way, and document the most common codes in my user manual's troubleshooting section.  EntryStatus is purely a Logix creation, which I've tweaked for my own purposes, but FaultCode and FaultInformation are drawn directly from the EtherNet/IP standard's ForwardOpen Response.

https://www.automation-pros.com/enip1/UserManual.pdf

37 minutes ago, pturmel said:

In the PLC, use GSV to extract the EntryStatus, FaultCode, and FaultInformation into local variables.  Set the local variables to display in Hex format for best results.  In my EtherNet/IP module for Ignition, I format errors the same way, and document the most common codes in my user manual's troubleshooting section.  EntryStatus is purely a Logix creation, which I've tweaked for my own purposes, but FaultCode and FaultInformation are drawn directly from the EtherNet/IP standard's ForwardOpen Response.

https://www.automation-pros.com/enip1/UserManual.pdf

Wow, that was exactly what I needed. Didn't know those codes were standard. Thanks a lot, sir!:-)