Lipton

MQTT / Spakplug with Omron

7 posts in this topic

Hi does anyone have experience with MQTT in production ? 

Pros & cons 

/Best Regards 

I have tested it lots, I don't believe it is compatible with Sparkplug B

What is your experience with it,is it recommended to be used on running machines, easy implementation ? 

is one mqtt broker better than an another ?

12 hours ago, Lipton said:

What is your experience with it,is it recommended to be used on running machines, easy implementation ? 

is one mqtt broker better than an another ?

It works well. I have use LAN and WAN brokers (mosquito primarily) and had no major issues. It's worth noting if you need secure comms the NX PLCs do this, NJs don't. You'll need an older version of the library for an NJ, the latest only works on NX. It's well documented and the example program is pretty easy to setup.

Nice to hear, is it possible with MQTT to create redundant systems like two brokers ?

25 minutes ago, Lipton said:

Nice to hear, is it possible with MQTT to create redundant systems like two brokers ?

Omron PLCs are not brokers, just clients. We can interface with multiple brokers though so I don't see why you couldn't do that.

Yes I know. is there also a hot swap function if connection is lost to broker 1 ?. For example  there is critical application and the broker always must be available and if there is BSOD for example in broker 1 and it goes down,then we need to carry on broker 2 without any human interference's would that be possible ?