marof_khalifa

Communication

3 posts in this topic

My Mitsubishi plc is disconnected from scada from time to time , I have to call the technical assistant from the supplier where they connect remotely by team viewer and readjust the plc to communicate again , this issue is costing us much , what could be the reason?

Seems kind of generic.  What does the supplier say they are doing to re-establish communications?

Most likely you have an ethernet TCP connection and the setting between the SCADA and the PLC are different regarding establishing the connection again after there is a failure.

I know the System Q on default it will close the port after about 40 min. If the keep alive has been set.

Now if the scada has a very small retry settings it will try to open a port which is already open and you're stuck waiting until the port has been closed.

Change the settings on either side or maybe change to a UDP connection then you do not have any issues opening and closing ports.

But this is a guess... Like @pturmel mentioned some more information is required for a better answer. Which PLC for instance and did you check the ethernet diagnostics from the PLC.