Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kim Jessen

TIA portal s7-1212c incorrect software version

3 posts in this topic

Ok I'll try a different angle of attack.
I have acquired an S7-1212c unit.
It is just too new for my TIA portal, which is V 15.1
The new PLC I have has firmwear 4.5 the TIA portal I have only supports 4.3, I get some errors regarding synconization etc. and it's like there are some tins that don't work.
how do I update the TIA portal to the correct firmware

I've tried updating the HSP files but it doesn't change anything

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/54163658/how-do-you-update-the-hardware-catalog-in-tia-portal-?dti=0&lc=en-DE

Edited by Kim Jessen

11 hours ago, Kim Jessen said:

Ok I'll try a different angle of attack.
I have acquired an S7-1212c unit.
It is just too new for my TIA portal, which is V 15.1
The new PLC I have has firmwear 4.5 the TIA portal I have only supports 4.3, I get some errors regarding synconization etc. and it's like there are some tins that don't work.
how do I update the TIA portal to the correct firmware

I've tried updating the HSP files but it doesn't change anything

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/document/54163658/how-do-you-update-the-hardware-catalog-in-tia-portal-?dti=0&lc=en-DE

TIA15.1 doesn't support firmware v4.5 for 1200 plc's. You just configure it with the latest firmware you have on TIA15.1 and that's all. If you get some errors, they are from other reasons.

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, Hati said:

TIA15.1 doesn't support firmware v4.5 for 1200 plc's. You just configure it with the latest firmware you have on TIA15.1 and that's all. If you get some errors, they are from other reasons.

ok thank you very much.. I got it working.. I just had to do a new hardware dovnload and then the errors disappeared.. and yesterday I managed to update my 5.1 to update package 8 and there was firmware 4.3 for The 1212c model also thinks it has removed some errors..
Bottom line.. now it works.