Sergei Troizky

CompactLogix power supply distance

6 posts in this topic

The 1769-SG001 manual says: "Check the specification table of each module for the power supply distance rating. This rating indicates how many slot 
positions the module can be from the power supply."

The CPU power supply distance rating is "4 modules". Does this mean 4 modules are allowed between the CPU and power supply? Or the CPU to be maximum the 4th slot from the power supply?

Edited by Sergei Troizky

I believe the controller card must be in the fourth slot or closer to the power supply. If it's in the fifth slot (four cards between the controller and power supply) it's too far.

I would also assume so, to be on the safe side.
But I've seen working equipment with 4 modules between the power supply and CPU.
I need the same for my project this time, so looking for more definite answer.

It's ridiculous that such a simple thing is not specified unambiguously in a technical manual.

I always thought is had to be fourth or closer, and I think closer is probably better. But if you have a system working well with four modules between the controller and power supply, then clearly the controller can be the fifth module. Wish they would've show a pic for us over-thinkers, lol. 

This machine is now comissioned with no problems.

PXL_20230228_215413648.jpg

On 8/8/2023 at 7:57 AM, Sergei Troizky said:

It's ridiculous that such a simple thing is not specified unambiguously in a technical manual.

I'm sure Rockwell has a software package that could specify this for you. :)