xunilbama

Configure Driver - Station Mapping with RSLinx Classic

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to delete the row labeled as, "63 - station number" and "Driver - Host Name". Our IPs range from .50 - .90, I would like to associate the station with an IP that correlates to one another. 

For example, Station 50 = xx.xxx.x.50, Station 51 = xx.xxx.x.51, etc

However, when I go to add a station 63. I get the error dialog that tells me 63 can not be added because it already exist. I have had this problem in the past, but never got around to wanting to figure out how to solve it. 

** Jumped the gun ** (modified) 

You can rename 63 to whatever number you choose it to be....

Station_Mapping.jpg

Edited by xunilbama
Jumped the gun

You cannot have station numbers above 63.  The numbers correspond to virtual DH+ addresses for ancient software that only talks on that protocol.  #63 is reserved for the PC itself for such devices to receive replies.

Most modern software completely ignores the station number, so trying to associate with the trailing octet of an IP address is unnecessary, even if it were possible.

I have no doubt @pturmel is correct in what he says if you're using DH+ but if this is an Ethernet Driver it will run just fine with Station 254 being the driver and stations numbered 1 to 253 being used.  I've done this a number of times with the ethernet driver where I had no DH+ in the system.

Hmm.  Now I have to go play with that.

On 8/3/2023 at 11:16 AM, pturmel said:

Hmm.  Now I have to go play with that.

It was purely by happenstance that I was able to rename that 63 to whatever number I wanted. As far as I can remember, I do not have an IP associated with .63 anyhow. That IP address seems to be an open address anyhow.