13 posts in this topic

Hi , I would like to perform remote reset the R08 PLC from the HMI in order to reset the communication. Please let me know, if there is a way to reset the Modbus port as well. Thanks in advance !!!

I don't think it is possible. You can set an inpu for run/stop. 

So you would be able to do that from the HMI. alternatvily you could set an output which breaks te power to the plc.

But why do you need to rst the PLC ? Isn't it better to solve the problem ? 

Hi Gambit,

Thanks for the response. We we face an error in the Modbus comms, it stops working and requires a power cycle or remote reset from the GX Works. So, looking for a method to reset the Modbus comms in the RJ71EN71 ethernet module.

Did you try reinitializing the module 

SH081976ENG-6E2

G(P).UINI, Z(P).UINI

Hi Gambit, I tried to use the GP_ERRCLEAR just now... Is it possible for you to help me by providing an implementation screenshot ? I`m confused with the parameters Un, S and d

U is just the IO adress of the module but you only specify three of the four digits. So If your module has IO adress 0200 you enter 20.

For D you just enter a bit lime M1000 which will turn on after the instruction completes

S is the first word of 6 consecutive words. (create an array)   for instance Controword[0]

All the words should have the value 0 as you don't really want to change anything just reset the module.  

Something like this:

Screenshot 2023-08-03 103520.jpg

Edited by Gambit

Hi Gambit, I tried to do the same code to reset the module RJ71EN71. But received the attached error. The module number indicated in the PLC is 0060. So I used 006, which is indicated as 6. Please help me on this error.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 140305.png

Screenshot 2023-08-07 140856.png

Hmm either it's the wrong module number or it's not accepting the command.

Can you double check the IO number by a screenshot of you System Diagnostic. IO number should be above the module

p.s. In your post you mention an R08.. the diagnoistic says R16 ???

Edited by Gambit

Hi Gambit, We are using both R16 and R08 CPU`s. In the screenshot, the module number is 0060 and slot is 4. Please advise on this.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 140856.png

Screenshot 2023-08-07 154103.png

ok seems ok then i did see something in the manual about the Ethernet card needed to be in Q compatible mode.

Yes, that is mentioned in the manual, but not known to me...

Picture1.png

I guess you would have to change it in the sotfware to a RJ71EN71(Q) module.

However I was thinking the comm only restarts after a rst of the PLC right.  This probably means the modbus master/client is trying to open the port again which is already open.

By default the keep alove should be active which means the port will close automatically but after a certain time. By Deafult this is about 10 min maybe with retries 30 min.

You should try and change the destination Alaive check start interval to a a few seconds and check if the port closes.

The best would be to match the setting of the master/Client 

Screenshot 2023-08-03 103520.jpg

Hi Gambit, what do you think about the reset communication option, If yes, could you give an implementation snapshot please...

Restart communications.pdf

Edited by Ramkumar