Chris Elston

Factory Talk Studio ME - Display Function Key Legend or Map During Development?

4 posts in this topic

I am working on helping with converting a Panel Builder 32 HMI to Factory Talk with a new Panel View 7, and the way this OLD HMI worked was all Function Keys.

It's been a minute, but in the old Panel Builder 32 software, you could see a legend or a map of the Function Keys. Is there a way to "turn on" the "function key map" in Factory Talk? I can't seem to find anything. I threw some images below of what I mean. Without an overlay, it makes it tricky to align a button next to the Function Key when your not sure where it is.

Anyone done any tricks to make this process of aligning your button to the physical function key easier?
Is there a view Function Key Legend I am missing?

The only thing I can think of is install a tempory image background into each screen that is a graphic of the outside template of the model I am working on.

I think most all of the PV I've done since 2010, have been touch screen only. LOL. Every now and then you got step back in time.

function.jpg

function2.jpg

I don't know if it fits, but look under Graphics\Libraries\ for objects called "PanelView Plus *** - Keypad Layout"

Yeah! That would have worked if my model was in the list, probably just could have done something like this:

Wonder if AB has the newer models somewhere to import....

I just opened the windows side-by-side to check the alignment. That's better than nothing. Might have to make our own using this same idea for our model number.

function3.jpg

Wait, Rockwell left something out? Say it isn't so....

Sorry, that slipped out...