CX_Luigi

Commit scope for Sysmac Studio Version Control

3 posts in this topic

Just started to use Version Control in Sysmac Studio, and getting used to the ideas behind it. One question though, the scope of commit from inside SS is limited only to the program? Retained memories ariables and memory seems not tracked, and i have to recommit them using Git directly from outside software

Thanks

Hi Luigi, Happy to hear that you are using version control is good. More user's is better :)

There is some information about this in W589

/Best Regards 

SS git.png

1 person likes this

Hi Lipton,

Thanks for your reply. I use version control regularly since the mid-2000 for automation projects and got used very quickly on the convenience and the (huge) advantages it gives. I choose Mercurial, whose simplicity and power will never praise enough, the market however has moved towards Git so I had to adopt it for my use. I am still working over a workflow integrating past projects versioned with Mercurial with never ones versioned in Git, so I have to revise some of my previous assumptions that Mercurial made easy to implement. With Git it will take more time and require to read a whole lot of documentation more, I would have preferred Omron allow users decide which version control software to use, similar to what Visual Studio doing. For reference, I usually work on projects alone or with groups of 2-3 peoples, i use vcs mostly to track projects changes, additions and modifications, following mechanical and electrical changes of the machines.