Really

Deleted IP in RSLinx

4 posts in this topic

I accidentally removed one of my IP addresses in RSLinx which was used for a Panelview, when you right click on IP 

address you get a four choices details,remove, configure driver, device properties and I hit remove. This removed

that IP address and I cannot get it back on, can you tell me how to get back.

What RS Linx displays is just a feedback of what it is detecting when you go online. A red cross comes on top of it, when undetected.

So deleting it do no harm. When your device is back online, it reappears. 

10 hours ago, Really said:

This removed that IP address

The "configure" option could do that, if you played with it and saved a different static IP, and clicked to confirm on the popup that warns that communications will be broken.  Did you do all of that?  If so, do you remember what address you set?

If you do remember, you can temporarily configure your PC to have a static address in the same subnet.  Then RSLinx will be able to see it and you can repeat the process to set the correct IP address.  (There's no "undo" option.)

If, perhaps, you set the device to use DHCP or BOOTP, you can use Rockwell's tool for that to give the device a new address on power cycle.  After doing so, you normally would use the RSLinx "configure" option to change the mode to "static".

If you cannot do either of the above, you may be able to get to the Panelview's maintenance page (varies by model, and might not be enabled).

If you cannot do that, you may have to factory reset the PanelView.  Sorry.

1 person likes this

16 hours ago, Really said:

I accidentally removed one of my IP addresses in RSLinx which was used for a Panelview, when you right click on IP 

address you get a four choices details,remove, configure driver, device properties and I hit remove. This removed

that IP address and I cannot get it back on, can you tell me how to get back.

You mention a Panelview so I must ask. 

What model of Panelview? 

You mention RSLinx but was it FTLinx Classic or FTLinx Enterprise?  Each one behaves differently.