Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
cyriusPLC

OMRON C28K replacement for same

4 posts in this topic

We have a machine that its' C28K output lines are starting to get burned. We suspect the whole unit will die soon. I would like your help with: 1. My PLC model is C28K-CDR-A 22Z5C. I've seen some models on Ebay with different codes following the CK28 like C28K-CA51-A for instance. Would they be compatible??? 2. Would the LK201 host model along with the Cable C500-CN220-EU (these models were taken from others forum posts) work with my C28K PLC? I plan to make my own cables though, but I am concerned for the LK201 which I will buy from Ebay too. 3. I would like to backup the actual program the machine is using. Would the LSS or the SYSWIN would do the job? 4. Is there a possibility that this program would have a password??? Thank you... Edited by cyriusPLC

Your C28K-CDR-D has 16 DC inputs and 12 relay outputs and is AC powered. If you are going to get a replacement I would look for a CPM1A or CPM2A since they are newer models and you have a better chance of getting a good one on ebay. Any C28K that you buy is going to be quite old and you may run into the same problems that you are having now. I recommend a CPM1A-30CDR-A-V1. You can upload from the C28K using Syswin or CX-Programmer, change the processor type to CPM1A and download to the new unit. Yes, the C28K may be password protected. You won't know until you try it.

You will have to use LSS software or Syswin to talk to the C28, CX programmer will not do it.

You say the output lines are getting flaky. Since you are using a relay output unit why not just replace the relays. If my memory serves me right the relays in the C28K series are socket mounted inside the unit. Its worth a try!!