Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stsiddall

Determining PV+ device name

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how to programmatically determine/retrieve the device name of a PanelView Plus (at runtime) either by using RSView ME or by using the PLC program? I'm using a Contrologix processor with a PV+ 700. Thanks for any help, Scott Edited by stsiddall

I don't recall if you can see it in RSLinx or not. You certainly can see the name in the PV setup screens. Edited by jstolaruk

When you say device name if you are referring to the device's OPC topic assigned to your HMI then you can get it several ways; one is via your application created in RSView Studio and reviewing the device shortcut created in the communicatons setup via the application explorer, another way is via the HMI configuration settings. To retrive it this way you need to shutdown the runtime application on the HMI and then go to Application Settings - Device Shortcut. If you actually want the device name shutdown the runtime application on the HMI and the go to Terminal Settings - Networks and Communications - Network Connections - Device Name. Another way is by polling the HMI via RSLinx, the device name will be listed next to the HMI.