mirage1703

FactoryTalk View SE Client Authentication Promblem

6 posts in this topic

Hi all, we are running FactoryTalk View SE to view and control our equipment.

The software is installed on a windows PC joined to our local domain. When I or any other user tries to remote destop to this PC and start factory talk we get the following pop up:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N_9oBKtiVpjXgYNUseDhgKza8NKum7Fk/view?usp=sharing

I have tried entering the username and password of the windows user but it doesn't accept it. I have tried just the username and also domain\username.

Has anyone encountered this error before? Any ideas on how to fix it?

Edited by mirage1703

Rockwell products are "aware" of Remote Desktop and related Microsoft technologies and attempt to enforce Rockwell's ideas about security (and licensing).  Use a non-Microsoft technology like VNC or Spice to avoid this problem.

I ran into a similiar when trying to run RSlogix in an RDP session until I found the FTAM Admin Console setting showm in the picture.

By default the name of the RDP Client Machine  is used when in an RDP session, the shown setting changes it so that the RDP Server Machine .

This may help your situation, it may not.

** Editing because I just confirmed that FTView Site Edition Client runs for me in an RDP Session with the below settings **

**Caveat - My Server and Client are the same PC **

Rockwell FTALK Directory.PNG

1 person likes this

I think in Rockwell's literature they specifically say do not put an SE server or access on a Windows domain computer, and you're probably experiencing why. I've successfully used @pturmel's suggestion of using VNC several times.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:42 PM, BobLfoot said:

I ran into a similiar when trying to run RSlogix in an RDP session until I found the FTAM Admin Console setting showm in the picture.

By default the name of the RDP Client Machine  is used when in an RDP session, the shown setting changes it so that the RDP Server Machine .

This may help your situation, it may not.

** Editing because I just confirmed that FTView Site Edition Client runs for me in an RDP Session with the below settings **

**Caveat - My Server and Client are the same PC **

Rockwell FTALK Directory.PNG

Thanks very much! This fixed the issue, we have been putting up with this for 12 months, so I am very thankful for your help!

You're welcome.

I learned thiis from a phone call to my RA TechConnect Team.