Ralf

Schneider lexium ILS1 RS485

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

I am rather unexperienced with PLC's but have some experience. I Currently have 2 Lexium ILS1 motors which we want connected over RS485. 

I have read a couple of manuals. I have found which format they want to receive their data and what the pinout of their pre assmbled cable is (which hasn't been delivered yet). 

I am currently unsure about a couple of things. The wiring the formatting of my data i'm sending, and the program.

The pictured below show my motor (which runs when i connect it to the PC and run it using the software provided so it is in working order) and the PLC with option port (which i used to transmit data to another PLC, so again i can't blame the hardware for being at fault here). However when i connect the cable and try to communicated I Don't see the LED light up. I followed Lexiums guide on which pins to use. But i figured for good form i might include these pictures to be certain hardware is correct. 

IMG_20220524_103956.thumb.jpg.384004ba05

IMG_20220524_104004.thumb.jpg.19b38f3e0e

Finally here is my program. I followed Omrons quick start instructions. But: my send ready flags never become high and the way data has to be formatted for these lexiums seems very labour intensive. But this is how i understood it needed to be done. Am i doing something (or a lot) wrong here? 

Knipsel.thumb.JPG.313f72a37b4d665ac30a40

I hope someone can help me out here! If any further information is needed i'll do my best to provide it.

Kind regards.

First check the cable - pin 1 is negative and pin 2 is positive on the Omron side if I remember correctly.