Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

Double Register Counters

6 posts in this topic

I have a dept. that is complaining that a tester is only displaying a count value on the HMI up to 9999. I discovered that the CPM1A controlling it may only only have that capability. If that is the case, will a CQMH-21 do the job or do I have to go up to a CJIM? Potential max counts will be up to 1 million. Thanks for your help. Rebuke

You and rock must have gone to the same school ... Check out this recent thread: Double Register Counters at MrPLC.com

Ok, the next corresponding word increments at every 10K, but at the end of the day, how do I display a count higher than 9999 using 1 word? I've never had to do it for a CPM1A before, where the functions are much more limited.

Hi, You will have to program your HMI to display the double word. What model/brand of HMI are you using? Nibroc

Multi-Vendor Automation Direct EZ-Touch 6"mono

This is not a function of the PLC. It is, rather, a function of the touchscreen. The example above uses consecutive word locations D108 and D109. In Omron screens, that's just a matter of placing an 8 digit numeral display on the screen and addressing it to the lower word. If EZ Touch doesn't support 8 digit display, you could stack two side-by-side.