Colin.macphail

Logix5555 on DH+ network

7 posts in this topic

Hi,

On one of the sites I cover we have a Logix5555 processor with a 1756-DHRIO/C on the Rack.
When I look at the DH+ network, I can't see the PLC but I know it is on the network as I have been able to configure read/write MSG's to other PLC's on the network.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can make the Logix5555 appear visible on the network so I can access it from other areas in the plant?
Currently the only way I can access it is to plug directly into the serial port.

Thanks, Colin  

What software is involved?  RSLinx should "just work".  (You might need to import the DHRIO's EDS file.)  Other devices that don't understand CIP routing will need to have "Link IDs" set up in the DHRIO module itself.

I usually access the PLC's in a control room via a DH+/Ethernet bridge.
All the other PLC's on the site are SLC's with the DH+ directly connected to the CPU.

When I look at the network I can see the DHRIO card but not the Logix5555 CPU.

I had a look at the module on Linx but nothing made sense, would you set this in the routing table?
I have no experience of these cards so any pointers would be appreciated!

The DHRIO card is in slot 9 and is working as I can configure read/write MSG's to other PLC's on the network.

It's not a major issue, just means I need to sit in a cold windy kiosk to write the code instead of the cosy control room haha

Colin

See page 50 (chapter 4) in this manual:

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um514_-en-p.pdf

Make sure the DHRIO module has the correct slot for your actual processor.  If you have multiple processors in the chassis, you will need to assign a link ID to the chassis in a full routing table.  (Either one is set up through RSLinx "Module Configuration".)

Thanks for that, I'll have a go on Monday :)

1 person likes this

At my previous location, it "just worked" without having anything set up in the DHRIO modules. We just set their node address with the rotary switches and popped them into the chassis. If you're in RSLinx, browse to the DHRIO and expand it. You should see the backplane under it, then you can browse the backplane to whatever modules are in the chassis. It never didn't work for us, so I'm afraid I can't offer much insight other than that. If I were still there, I could take some screenshots and such but it's been a couple of years so the small details are a little fuzzy by now.

If it won't show the backplane, it is likely newer firmware than the newest on the version  of RSLinx running.  Pretty sure that module will let you upload the EDS.