James A

Sysmac C200H CPU01 & 3G2A6-LK201

6 posts in this topic

Hi! Hope all are well!

I have a rather oldschool C200H CPU01 that i need to program via a 3G2A6-LK201, but i cannot for the life of me figure out why it wont communicate with CX-Programmer.  before i decide it is faulty and get it returned to the supplier, i want to eliminate any human error on my part. Can someone help me with any reccomended settings for all the dipswitches? or if theres anything i could be missing?

Cheers!

Edited by James A

gtsuport beat me to it. Here is the manual anyway. As a concept, the LK201 will integrate seamlessly with the PLC. By newer standards the LK201 is built into the PLC serial ports. The work is to set your PC to the settings of the DIP switches. 

37 minutes ago, IO_Rack said:

gtsuport beat me to it. Here is the manual anyway. As a concept, the LK201 will integrate seamlessly with the PLC. By newer standards the LK201 is built into the PLC serial ports. The work is to set your PC to the settings of the DIP switches. 

2 hours ago, gtsuport said:

Welcome to the forum.

Please see the attached file.

gtsuport

3G2A6-LK201 and RS232 comm with LSS (and SCADA).pdf

Thanks guys! should the set-up i have definitely work with CX-Programmer or would i need to get LSS (mentioned in gtsuport's reply doc) ?

CX-Programmer should work.

In the Change PLC box, make sure you set the Device Type (C200H) then click the Settings button.  You will need to set the CPU type.

Network type should be Sysmac Way, Check the Settings button then the Driver tab.  Will show Com Port and baud rate information.

gtsuport

24 minutes ago, gtsuport said:

CX-Programmer should work.

In the Change PLC box, make sure you set the Device Type (C200H) then click the Settings button.  You will need to set the CPU type.

Network type should be Sysmac Way, Check the Settings button then the Driver tab.  Will show Com Port and baud rate information.

gtsuport

Awesome, i'll give it a shot when i get back onto the job. Thanks! :)