Rigstone

Read from a MTA-G1 help

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone. I am trying to extract the file from an old MTA-G1. I have the MAG Prog 9 cable and SW-MTA-WIN (vers 1.10 and 1.0).

I checked the com config on the HMI and it is now matching the laptop I am using, which by the way, is an old Winbook with windows 2000.

I've tried both versions of software and even changed my order of operations, in terms of; directly trying to transfer from the HMI, receiving from the HMI with SW-MTA-WIN, selecting transfer on the HMI and then receive in the software and vice-versa. No Luck. Timeout in the software and transfer error on the HMI. Thought, I did see a checksum error on the HMI with one configuration I tried.... Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone. I am trying to extract the file from an old MTA-G1. I have the MAG Prog 9 cable and SW-MTA-WIN (vers 1.10 and 1.0).

I checked the com config on the HMI and it is now matching the laptop I am using, which by the way, is an old Winbook with windows 2000.

I've tried both versions of software and even changed my order of operations, in terms of; directly trying to transfer from the HMI, receiving from the HMI with SW-MTA-WIN, selecting transfer on the HMI and then receive in the software and vice-versa. No Luck. Timeout in the software and transfer error on the HMI. Thought, I did see a checksum error on the HMI with one configuration I tried.... Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

This is a Beijer MAC90 panel. If I remember correctly you have to put it in transfer mode by pressing two buttons simultaneously. 

I'll look it up.

There should be a programming switch on the back. Is this in programming mode ?

Mac 90 modes.jpg

you can also go into the setup mode and check if the com port settings are on default.

Edited by Gambit

Hi Gambit

Thank you for the reply and manual link. I did have the panel in programming mode (via switch). I also went into set up mode and copied the com settings to the PC side software so they would match, but still had an issue.

I'll have to read through the manual more to see if there is something I missed. One thing I do not know about, but tried each way possible. Is that the panel has a transfer option which can be reached in program mode. And as well, the software has a receive function. I do not know if I need to start the "transfer" on the panel and then the "receive" with the software or vice versa, or if this doesn't matter. ??? BTW, I have tried 2 cables and even a null modem cable.

Thank you again. 

Were you ever able to get the transfer to start? I'm running into similar issues. Read through manuals, searched online, no luck with a solution.

Thanks!

The HMI has to be in transfer mode.
Check your programming cable RS232. It has pin 2 to pin 2, pin 3 to pin 3 and pin 5 to pin 5.(not a normal cable where 2 and 3 lines are crossed over). The name of the cable is CAB5.
The exact layout is in this manual. https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/1829276.pdf