WebbyNY

GX IEC Developer

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to "upload from PLC' a backup copy of the program from the Q12HCPU. Is anyone familiar with how to do this?

Thank You!

If I recall, it is only possible if the source code was transferred to the CPU.  We never saw much GX IEC Developer on this side of the ocean.

1 person likes this

@Crossbow is correct if you haven't uploaded the source code(symbolic information) to the PLC. You will only get Instruction List  code back when you upload from the PLC.

If so it's better to upload the program with GX Works 2 so you can convert it to ladder.

Also check your  transfer settings. 

Edited by Gambit
1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Crossbow said:

If I recall, it is only possible if the source code was transferred to the CPU.  We never saw much GX IEC Developer on this side of the ocean.

Thanks! The vendor is Swiss and getting information is tough.

39 minutes ago, Gambit said:

@Crossbow is correct if you haven't uploaded the source code(symbolic information) to the PLC. You will only get Instruction List  code back when you upload from the PLC.

If so it's better to upload the program with GX Works 2 so you can convert it to ladder.

Thanks! Mitsubishi recommended using GXWorks2 and selecting IEC under tools. 

I'd prefer to use IEC Developer, because all the backups we have use this.

I've looked in the IEC manual and I cannot find instructions that show you step-by-step how to backup the CPU program. Do you know of any?

Thanks!

Image result for gx iec developer transfer setup 

This is the transfer setup. As @ crossbow mentioned you will need to have Symbolic selected in the download source information section or only the plc code is downloaded.

If you mean just a single file back-up of your project. There should be a back-up method to a *.PCD file.

1 person likes this

26 minutes ago, Gambit said:

This is the transfer setup. As @ crossbow mentioned you will need to have Symbolic selected in the download source information section or only the plc code is downloaded.

If you mean just a single file back-up of your project. There should be a back-up method to a *.PCD file.

Great, thanks!

26 minutes ago, Gambit said:

1 hour ago, Gambit said:

Thanks! Mitsubishi recommended using GXWorks2 and selecting IEC under tools. 

I'd prefer to use IEC Developer, because all the backups we have use this.

I've looked in the IEC manual and I cannot find instructions that show you step-by-step how to backup the CPU program. Do you know of any?

Thanks!