Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BITS N BYTES

IR/DR's and TASKS

4 posts in this topic

CJ1M-CPU21 I am using Index Registers and Data Registers for Indirect addressing at the bit level to dynamically change the input bit location in a 10 word long reversible shift register. Changing the offset value of the DR in the associated IR/DR pair turns on a bit at different locations within the shift register. This works exactly as desired and Jay Hughes excellent article was a great help. I would like to retain the setting to use IR/DR's Indepently per task My application requires the shift register and associated IR/DR settings to be located within a rising hardware interrupt [TASK 140]. The IR's and associated bit level base address are normally loaded once during the first cycle of the PLC. Because the IR data settings are within the interrupt TASK 140, these cannot be loaded until the task is enabled by the physical input turning ON Is there a method to load the IR with the bit level base address data in the interrupt TASK 140 WITHOUT the interrupt input being ON? IF NO, then will disabling "Use IR/DR's Indepently per task" allow the IR data used within the interrupt to be set at first cycle?

I will confer with Jay Hughes on the subject and get back to you.

Jay and Jay Many thanks for your very quick and detailed response. It is really nice to know there is such excellent support when you need it.