Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sparky

Driver configuration

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys when trying to auto configure a 1747-uic I get a message " can not find baud and parity" check cables and switches. any ideas? the cables are new. win 98 OS RS Logix 500 RS linx Connecting to 5/03 Thanks Sparky

Hi , this driver does not accept autoconfig, you have to go to the combobox DEVICE and select the proper drive 1770-KF3/1747-KE

The 1-page instruction sheet for the 1747-UIC gives the baud and parity settings. It's 19200 baud, CRC error checking, 8/N/1, and as the other poster stated you must choose the 1770-KF3/1747-KE device type. The instruction sheet should also mention that the device doesn't support Autoconfiguration in the DF1 driver. For Windows 98 you might have to load a USB serial port driver to use the 1747-UIC. I think that part is OK, because you would otherwise get a Port Conflict error.

Thanks Ken, I had already tried the recommended settings per instructions. and when trying to go online with 5/03 processor I would get the message " diagnostic status has failed 0x4" so I tried an auto configure. This is new software. In my device manager it shows the 1747-uic under USB and also shows it under com port 2. I am wondering if I received a bad converter or cable? I can not see the plc in rs who, it only shows my work station. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Sparky
1 person likes this

The diagnostic status message can also be an indicator that the node address of the PLC you are trying to connect to does not match the node address in your offline program.

Thanks guru, I have tried nodes 1 through 5 with no luck, should I try them all ? one time I tried to go online and thought I was plugged into the 485 port but was not plugged in at all, I had the same message " diagnostic status has failed 0x4 " Thanks Sparky

I have the excautly problem. I am also seeking for the solutions, can any help? driver: RS-232 DF1 device Comm: Com1 Device: 1770-KF3/1747-KE Baud: 19200 Parity: None Stop Bit: 0 Station Number: 00 Error Checking: CRC Protrol: Full Duplex PLC: SLC5/05CPU, 1747 - L551 As I config the driver, I can never connect to the PLC. Can anyone help me?