Daveinarmstrong

Allen Bradley 160-AA04NSF1 motor won't start using keypad

3 posts in this topic

I am reassembling a machine from storage. I have connected the Allen Bradley variable speed drive to 3ph power and plugged in the keypad. I have set the P46 – [Input Mode]
 set to 2 and connected a 3phase motor to T1 T2 T3.

The 3 phase motor I am driving is not turning and there is no voltage from T1 T2 T3 when i press start on the keypad. This system worked prior to this. Its been a few years since I had this running. Am i missing something?

What model of Allen Bradley drive is this? PowerFlex40? PowerFlex70? Typically, these smaller drives have to be programmed to start from the keypad. If you give me the model of drive I can look up the parameters and give better, more thorough advice. 

@ElectronGuru He is referring to the Old 160 VFD Drives that would fit in the space of a motor starter.  Exact model number is in his post title.

@Daveinarmstrong You may need to read more of the manual https://lvmcc-pubs.rockwellautomation.com/pubs/0160-5.9.pdf than I skimmed, but the stop contact to common must be present even if keypad is in use.  

ALso don't be surprised if the drive is DOA.  Those old 160 weren't the most sturdy of units.

1 person likes this