Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PEERPSI

Analog range

5 posts in this topic

CP1L-L14DRD

CP1W-AD041

I have my configuration words set to #80BB for both output words with the intention of having 0-10 input. With my input voltage at 5.25 I get 6300 the maximum range.

I entered the bit wise in my calculator 1000000011011101 and it converts to 80DD. Tried both those options with the same result.

Can anyone shed some light on what the problem is?

Should be #80DD.  Did you turn the power off to the PLC and then back on with a first scan instruction to MOV #80DD into both output words?  It only looks at the output words for settings for the input words on the first scan.  So, if you powered up with #80BB in each word and only changed the value to #80DD without changing the code and cycling power, then the input would be set to 0-5VDC which would operate as you are saying....

Didn't think of that good point. I would have thought the change from run to program back to run would have handled that. I suspect it simply halts the logic sequence and returns to where it was.

Strange part is that the manual calls for B not D for 0-10.

The manual indicates it would be D in the chart, but you are correct, the example incorrectly says that 1101 is B hex:

5e5a9a8230eb4_CP1WAD041.jpg.76ed7173dd4b

B would be 1011.