Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

CPM2A Programming

5 posts in this topic

Hi Jay, I'm one of those that are fascinated with control but never had opportunity to master it. I've tried to download your touch screen demo which I'm not able to run it. can you help me with that? also if you have demo on programming and wiring I will appreciate help with that too. thanks

I have uploaded over 250 programs, technotes and ladder examples to this forum. Which one did you have in mind?

Does anybody have any idea what he is talking about? To: Ishaya Doba Please post your questions in the forum so that all of us might have a chance to respond.

Email is not the way to get the quickest response on this subject!!! Please post a link to the place from where you downloaded this demo so that we may try to assist you.

Hey Doba, from your requests it looks like you are jumping into the deep end before trying to even swim..... Firstly, break your project down to Wiring the PLC, Programming the PLC and finally programming the HMI..... Wiring the PLC will invovle downloading the manuals or getting a hard copy from your local rep. Look up the section on wiring. There are two parts, wiring the inputs and wiring the outputs.... The inputs required 24Vdc .... If the CPM2A is a AC version then a 24Vdc supply connection can be found on the unit to drive the INPUTS ONLY......From memory you get about 0.3A 24vdc, not enough to drive your solenoids.... I would suggest that you connect the 0vdc (negative) to the COM terminal for the inputs (found on the top next to the power supply). The Positive, you run out into the field through your limit switches, push buttons etc and back into the inputs of the PLC. The outputs can be either relay or transistor outputs.....depends on the model once again...the relay outputs will provide a voltfree contact, wich means you are free to put almost any voltage through them..... You say that you are driving pnumatic solenoids... are the coils AC or DC....i would suggest driving these from external relays if possible or at the very least in the case of the DC ones you should wire in parallel with the coil of the Solenoid a free wheeling diode. Once youve wired the thing, you can now try programming the PLC....rember one step at a time....for this you will need to understand where the inputs and outputs get into and out of the PLC, therefore you need to know there address..... There is a clue on the front of the PLC, you might notice the 0ch at the top near the input and the 10ch near the output terminals markings..... These give you a clue where to find the respective inputs and output channels / words. The individual bits are addressed from 00 to 11 in this particular case for the CPM2, the indicator lights for the inputs and outputs give a clue as is what is available..so to does the part number of the CPU. The first address for your first input will be 000.00 (channel.bit), the second input would follow as 000.01, then 000.02 and so on.... to 000.11 (12 iinputs) The first address for you first output will be 010.00 (channel.bit(, the second output would follow as 010.01, then 010.02 upto 010.07 (8 outpus) Your first simple program should be for example... ---[ 253.13 ] -------(010.00) ---[000.01] -------(010..01) ---| END (01) | Program this, download it to the PLC, put the PLC in run or monitor mode and watch what happens... Note, that you do not have to have the outputs powered up for this simple test, in fact i suggest that you do not, you can see what the outputs do through the output indicator lights. Remember one step at a time....be more specifc in your questions at what you want to achieve...try things, and when you get stuck post a question that will help you move on to the next step... AS an indepth guide availabe on the web look at the following link Web based CPM1 Programming guide