Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ianbuckley

CJ1M Memory Types & Locations

5 posts in this topic

I am having a hard time finding the memory address types and locations for Omron PLCs. I just want to set up some variables that I can use for varying set values for timers and counters, but can't find any documentation on the different types (CIO, W, H, A, T, C, D, E, E?_, @D, @E, @E?_, *D, *E, *E?_, #, DR, ,IR) of data and how they are mapped for possible communication. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Are you trying to write to these values with a custom program from a PC? Pages_from_W393_E1_08_CJ1_Operation.pdf

Just looking to see how to communicate parameters between this PLC and another controller, be it another Omron, another brand of PLC, a motion controller, a PC or perhaps an A-B Panelview or something. One of our customers was recently sold and the new regime likes the Omron PLCs. I am just trying to see what the Omron can do. The benchmark tests I have run so far show that the scheduled interrupt is repeatable enough as long as it doesn't run into the primary scan overhead, so the next step is figuring out integration options. Thanks for your help. Ian

When you are ready to do communications, let us know.

If you are using CS1 or CJ1 they are very good, as good or better than anything else I have used. The higher end tyhe processor, the quicker they go. The CS1H and CJ1H are the same processor and they are bl**dy quick!!!