4 posts in this topic

Hi group.

I am trying to improve on an existing program however I am not very familiar with OMRON.

I am programming an OMRON CP1H using CX Programmer V.9.6

I would like to display an alphanumeric display on a Proface HMI.  I would like the display to show different text based on a user input.  

In the screen shots below a user would load a battery into a specific row/column, I will call it a "slot".  The way the program is now the FIFO would load for example the number value 2009, which illogically represents "Row 2, Column 4, which would be slot 9.

How can I program a text display to say "Row **, Column **, Slot ** ? 

Seeing 2009 in the FIFO stack makes no sense.

The images below:

1 - Current Logic that generates the 2009 based on row and column selected.  In this case Row 2, Column 4 would equate to slot 9.

2 - User input screen

3 - FIFO stack based on how the battery was entered.  In this case 2009 would go into the FIFO.  If the operator then loaded Row 1, Column 1, the next number generated would be 1001 (Row 1, column 1.

Current Logic.jpg

Entry.jpg

FIFO.jpg

Take a look at the  ASCII CONVERT: ASC(086) instruction.
You could set up a memory area with your standard message. " Row **, Column **, Slot ** "
The ** will be filled in using the ASC command with the appropriate information. 

Regards,
Garry

Thanks, I will have a look at this.

I would look at the MOVD command.  You can break the digits out of the word and move them into their own words using it.  

1 person likes this