Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Danekwarsu

ZEN Programmable Relay

5 posts in this topic

Hi, How to get the data from ZEN (ie: I/O Status), connected to PC Com Port (RS232) ? For example: combine the I/O data from Zen with other function use VB. Thank you

First off, how about registering and becoming part of the community. I am unaware of a method available. I have been unable to find any information as to how to extract data from the ZEN. Probably the only 2 who may be able to help are Sleepy Wombat and/or Jay Anthony. You may have to wait until they return from assignments.

I have succeeded to read the inputs of a C200HE PLC's input by a VB program using host link commands. I have read the host link manual for this. Developing the VB program was too simple. However, I have never study with Zen, if I can find a manual, may be I can do something. I don't think that the communication protocol is too different from host link.

From what I have read in the manual so far, I have doubts that host link commands are available in the ZEN.

I do not believe that the protocol is published, for one i don;t have it. What i would suggest though is to use a program like portmon (found in the dowload section) to do a bit of sniffing of the comms port when monitoring the zen, this should give you some clue as to the protocol structure. I sure that while monitoring that the io status in your program would be refreshed etc.....good luck, soryy couldn;t help more...