Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest yogesh_n

activation key

6 posts in this topic

Dear All i am in very much trouble situation.pls help me out I have licenced version of RS logix500 , Also i have one activation flopy with software. but unfortunetly my activation flopy get damaged (its not working error is:-activation not found in disk) ,now i want to installed it on other computers in my training centre but i am not able to installed it on other computers. One GOOD thing is same software is installed on my LAPTOP with activation . please GUIDE me how i cereate new activation flopy, i want to installed it on other 3 computer,

the activation (authorization) is there for a reason - to prevent people from doing what you are trying to do: make unauthorised copy... if you want to use current licence on another computer, you can move existing activation to that computer. if you plan on using it on three or four computers, you can move it to master disk and use it as a key to run on one of the computers (one at a time). if you would like to be able to run it on all those computers at the same time you need more keys. contact Rockwell Software or their local distributor.

Actually, there is a way to run RSLogix on unlimited number of PCs without illegal duplicating of the master disk. The trick is that the program is checking for the activation only during starting. Than the master floppy may be removed and used for starting on another PC and so on. Up until the RSLogix is closed it will not need the activation anymore.

Greetings yogesh_n, if your "training center" is part of an accredited school (college, technical school, etc.) then call your Allen-Bradley distributor and ask about their discounted software prices for training use ... you’ll have to jump through a few paperwork hoops in order to qualify but the cost savings are VERY substantial ... note: it’s been a few years since I’ve tried doing this so maybe the program has changed ... but it’s worth a few phone calls to see if it can be applied to your situation ... best regards, Ron

hello friends my problem is i have formatted my pc and now i activation disc is damaged i cannot install my software at all is there any way to activate it be replied kapil

If your activation disk is damaged, you must contact Rockwell Technical Support. Once they verify that you are a licensed user they will give you a reset code which you can enter using a utility that came with the software. It will reset your activation. That is the only way to get the activation reset. There is not a way to spoof the activation code. If your disk has been permanently damaged, they will send you a new activation disk on condition that you return the damaged disk to them. Rockwell does want to make sure that you do not run a copy you did not purchase, but if they believe you to be a legitimate customer, they will be very helpful and go the extra to help you get the software activated.