Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buzzmethru

cpm1a - A/D - hex to decimal

10 posts in this topic

Hi all I've been trying to set up an analog to digital module (CPM1a-mad01) . I have had a pressure transducer and a pt100 / temp. transmitter connected to the module and displaying results on PT screen ... however I cannot seem to stop the screen displaying the module output in HEX numbers. I have alternatly set the pt(620s) to display in decimal and hex. The only work around I have been using is to display the % graph but this is not ideal as I would like to show a greater resolution on the temperature. (although this is ok for the presssure). I seem to remember reading that the D/A - A/D module ' output a hex value ... although I cant seem to find any reference to this now to verify. If this is true ( and it's not me missing the point) could someone tell me if there is an instruction (or routine) to call in order to do a realtime conversion for display on the PT? Either way, if I have got the setup wrong on the plc (cpm1- 30) or the pt then I would be very greatfull for advice and maybe an example if available. Thanks db

Hi What type of display are you using. The info in the PLC will always be in Hex you have to change it on the display to read decimal. If you are using VB then let me know I have a function that does it very well. however if you are using an NT screen then one of the other guys will have to supply the answer. Peace

Last Thread regarding CPM1A-MAD01

Hi thanks for the help so far ... No, sorry Im not using VB, work with it but not for this purposes ... unfortunatley. Thanks again db

How are you getting the data from the analog input word to DM17? Are you just using the MOV instruction? I think you will need to use the SCL instruction to convert the analog binary data to a BCD value. Check out the SCL instruction in the manual. Edited by ECSI

If the above is true, then the literal value in the PLC is Hex. Therefore, you cannot expect the Touchscreen to display this value in anything other than Hex. SCL is a solution, but a think a simple BCD instruction would suit your needs here. LD P_On BCD D17 D27.

Hi thanks for the reply ... Im using a CPM1-30 which apparently cannot use this instruction ... if this is the problem, is there any other way to achieve the same result?

forgot to log in 1st Previous post was in fact from me!

Jay has already answered your question. use the LD P_On BCD D17 D27 instructions

Hi, Thanks to everyone for their help with this ... problem solved ... easy when you know how .... Cheers