Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jay Anthony

Syswin 3.3 communication problem

16 posts in this topic

PM from mariosanchez You will get far more answers by posting this type of question in the forum rather than using PM. 1. What error messages is Syswin producing when you try to connect? 2. What COM port are you using? 3. Are you using the default 9600, E,7,2? 4. Try turning dipswitch 5 to the ON position.

your CQM1 CIF02 connects to the periferial port so Dip switch N.5 wont help, try moving switch N.5 to the fixed settings , and connect using a cable through the RS232C port , set up your communication to the correct PC port , baud 9600, unit 00 (if it havent been change in the DM 6648 ) , 1 start bit,7bits length,2stop bits,parity even. Then if you connect check the settings for the periferial port on DM6650 to 6654.

This is incorrect. See table below:

I am not sure this will be for all vertions and all CQM1 PLC's , this was taken from the CQM1 Operation Manual : see attached picture

The earlier vertions of the CQM1 had 2,400 bps standard and the settings are a bit different than the later vertions

mariosanchez said that this was a CPU41-V1 which was released in December 1996. The manual you quote from is pre-V1 release. The initial release from April 1995 through December 1996 set both RS232 and peripheral port to 2400 baud to accomodate the majority of modems available in that period. In December of 1996, the setting was changed to both ports set to 9600,E,7,2.

I used COM1 and the fault message on SYSWIN is failed to connect. I do use the default 9600, E,7,2 and the switch 5 is on. I also tried different baud rate and also changed the COM setting in the computer to match SYSWIN setting. Thank you all.

I had to try that , I just connected a CQM1 CPU44-V1 I have and changed the settings on DM 6650 and DM 6651 to 0001 and 0108 set for 2400 , 8bits none parity and 1 stop , then diconected turn the PLC off move dip swich #5 to on position , power on the PLC , The Periferial will work just at the settings of the DM 6650 and 6651 an not at the fixed settings from the dip switch . then I tried the same for the RS232C changing the setups in DM 6645 and 6646 , in this case just the dip switch setup will work. Try it

this is the PLC vertion

Have you checked for anything else using the COM1 port? Some programs such as Hot Sync for Palm Pilot do not release the port. Look in your system tray for any applications that might be using the COM1 port.

maybe the best way to test is to make a RS232C to RS232C cable and try to connect to the Com port in the PLC , this cable is easy to do , and nothing could be wrong with it like in the CIF that includes hardware . pins 2-2 , 3-3 , 9 at the PLC side to 5 at the PC side , try to connect , if it wont work , open the terminal emulator in windows and try to connect to the port , you should see a blink on the com led at the PLC when you try , if not , your port is probably unavailable in the PC. CIF cables can get damaged , sometimes by connecting them by mistake to Program consoles ports on C200H

mariosanchez: Please post your questions in the forum. Therefore others may know how to help you. From PMs today: I suspect this is the problem.

From Today's PM:(Sigh....) mariosanchez The LED on the peripheral port blinks. But still no connection established. What is the normal sequence of getting online with CQM1-CIF02 cable and SYSWIN 3.3 software? What am I missing? Dip switches on the PLC are set correctly!

Try connecting to the RS232C port , the cable is easy to make , then maybe you will will know what you are missing , maybe your CIF cable is not working

I have encountered a similar problem once. Eventually had to use a CPM1-CIF01 and the appropriate RS232 cable for programming software to connect to the peripheral port. Cannot explain why CQM1-CIF02 did not work and CPM1-CIF01 did.

I too have had a similar problem, I belive it was when I tryed to set the comm port communication value way to high. Then I could not connect, I then had to use the Cif to get back in and reset the values.