Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest haesen

newbe counter problems

6 posts in this topic

Hi, I want to count to 65000 with an input pulse. What is the best way to do this. Im always getting BCD numbers????? Thanks Ste

Which PLC? If it is the CJ1 or CS1 you can select all timers and counters to be binary in PLC properties.

Please give more detailed information about your PLC model and whether you are using software or hardware counters.

if you are counting from an input , try using the HSC input , the HSC PV register is double word , you can read the register using PVR , and reset with the reset bit if you set your HSC to software reset. if you are counting an internal bit you can use the Double Add (ADDL) or Double substract (SUBL) functions at point @ , you must set the words for the addend / subthraend to #0000,#0001 for increment or decrement of one unit, you can reset by using DIST(single word distribute) to write #0000 , to both counter words

sorry It"s a CQM1 CPU43-V1 and ID212 input card and software counters. I want to put te value of a counter in a word and read this with a visual basic prg I want to count to 100.000

so use the input 00.04 or 00.5 from the integrated on the CPU and not from the extra Input card then use PRV to read the value of words 231,230 and use the 253.00 bit to reset , the HSC settings are on words DM 6640 to 6644 , you should read the PLC manual for the setup