cavayiro

Drive in RSLogix 5000

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

this my project : We have a drive (Altivr61) which command Motor with 4 zones (6 machines in every zone) . They demand from me to automatise the system by forcing the altivar to start with the machine which produces more garbage. I started and I created a list of inputs/ouputs , and I used Grafcet graph for describing the cycles by a succession of steps and transisons, actions. But, my big problem is that i don't know how to automatisate this drive (Altivar61) ? how to force it to choose a specific machine ?
knowing that i will do supervision via FactoryTalk view .. i have to use Ethernet/IP ?
Can you help me ? I have to use RSlogix 5000

Edited by cavayiro

Please only post your topic one time. Duplicate post cause confusion and discourage users from helping you. I've deleted your duplicate post in other categories.

When developing a new application, when you are not 100% crystal clear on how the code will execute...flowchart the application.  A well developed flowchart can be converted into a working PLC program in short time.

Your next hurdle is the Schneider Altivar VFD; this is the Allen-Bradley forum.

Hello everyone,
let's explain my project step by step :
1)a drive (Altivar61) control one motor
2) this motor aspirate garbages from all machines
3) the responsible make decision to  increment/decrement freqency in Altivar61 by knowing the numbers of machines that work (manually operation every 2/3 hours).
here we will lost a lot of energy, so, my best solution until now is to put a pressure sensor for every machine (and fix it value) and we caculate the total pressure of all machines (work ones) and connect this pressure to PLC (Allen-Bradley), so the PLC control the Altivar61 (via inputs).
the problem is that I want create a project in RSLogix 5000 but i didn't know how can I add an Altivar61 ? and how to connect it to PLC ? and for supervision, i will use FactoryTalk view (so the responsible can check the process if it work correctly or not from his desk and he can also change ATV61 frequency) , but the altivar61 communicate via ethernet/IP , how to make a relation between factorytalk and ethenet/Ip or it exists before ?! or can i use another type of communication for this drive ?
So, if somone have another solution for this problem, or response to my questions I will appreciate it.
Thank you all

Edited by cavayiro
Correct some expressions

You can contact Schneider Electric and see if they have an Add On Instruction for that drive.

Topics merged...AGAIN.  cavayiro, stop creating duplicate topics...