aakash

gt simulator3

8 posts in this topic

The simulator is part of GT Works 3, and is built right into the design software.

I've been wondering about this too. I thought it was included but I always get an error when I try to start the simulator. Maybe I need to reinstall GT designer from the disk and check the option to install it somewhere.

i am getting the same as i try tio start it shows error.

Make sure when installing you check all the options.  Or go to the directory on the install media and install it separately if you don't have it.  Check your Add/Remove Programs list in Windows and see if it shows there.

Is it true that you can virtually link up a simulated Gx works project to a simulated GT designer project on your PC?

Without data coming from the PLC, the inputs and lamps are all just blank. If it were possible to debug the HMI and PLC together before the panel is ready, that would be very useful.

Yes, I use that feature all the time. I have just about the most recent version of GT Works 3 installed, and the simulator can be configured to work with GX Developer, GX Works 2, and GX Works 3, as well as a physical PLC that is connected to your computer. To use it, start the PLC simulator first, then double check the GT Simulator setup to make sure it's set to the correct PLC simulator, then start the HMI simulator. Blows Allen-Bradley simulation out of the water!

2 people like this

Good to know, thank you. I'll give it a try. Might save some precious setup time.. only for the mechanical engineers to delay it again :)