nehpets

FX3GE and remote I/O

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have a request for some clarification regarding remotely mounted I/O, basically I have a FX3GE and I need to mount additional I/O 10Metres or so from the processor, can someone point me in the right direction as how and what i need to achieve this? Thanks Steve

Hi nephets, Somewhat is incorrect in the light:1) Do you have already an electrical cabinet with FX3GE PLC onboard or now you are just developing a project for automation system?2) What type of I/Os: discrete, analog or mixed?and3) What number of I/Os? * When I plan to build distributive I/O (in the same cabinet or/and remotely), prefer to choose modular series of PLC. It's much easier to make them friends.

It's an already installed system, it is a FX3GE 24 - 14 in 10 out with a lefthand mounted analogue unit FX3U-4AD-ADP, a FX2N-16EX-ES, a FX2N-8EYE-ES, a FX2N-4AD and a FX2N-2DA with not a lot of room physically remaining in the cabinet. Steve

With FX3GE is now all clear. But other questions, I asked, refers to remote I/Os. What do you want to add to existing configuration (type and number of I/Os)?

Just a couple more outputs at the moment, CC-link is a little overkill, but if thats the way to go so be it. Steve

You have not a free space in the cabinet absolutely? For your case FX0N-65EC might be a cost effective solution in comparison to CC-Link. But if is impossible to place one additional module into the existing cabinet, then yes, CC-Link. Edited by Inntele

P.S. Another solution is to replace FX2N-8EY*-ES with FX2N-16EY*-ES.

Thanks for that, to be honest it never even crossed my mind about replacing the 8 point output block with a 16 point, sometimes its the rediculously obvious that trips you up :) Steve

Welcome :) My intuition persistently kept telling me that in your case the extension can be easily done without networking. I trust her completely.