denise01

R88D-KN0-2ML JOG Circuit

5 posts in this topic

Hello, I an using a single axis NC71 TO CONTROL A R88D-KN4-ML2 Servo Drive. The Encoder is the Incremental Type. The Drive controls a Ball Screw I am trying to devise a Jog Circuit as I need to make provisions for the setting up of the machine that the Ball Screw helps to control. This will require small movements of the Ball Screw. The programming sample in the manual uses a NS Screen but my direction control will be by Spring return switches. I am using 2000 as my Output Area. The manual says turn on Jog Bit 2000.09 which I will do by using a N/O Switch. It then says that Forward Direction is by having Direction Bit 2010 off. If I need to reverse the direction of Jog I will use the Spring return switch to turn on Direction Bit 2010. I will also use MOV L to send a Velocity rate to 2004. Does this sound correct or is there an easier way to do this. Regards

For reverse jog, both Jog and Direction bits must be activated. Also, make jogging subject to the drive locked, and be sure to forbid any other commands to the axis during jogging. Edited by Sergei Troizky

Thanks Sergei, I must have neglected to do the latter because last night I was testing my G5 Servo in Jog mode and couldnt get it to move so I tried it in normal mode. The next thing one of the main servo wires w caught fire. I had disabled the Jog Bit but the Movement Bit was still on so not sure if this was the reason. Anyway when I try the servo now it cuts out message 16 overload. Do you know the best way to test the servo motor for a short circuit. If the motor is okay I guess I will have to order another Drive. I dont understand why the servo wouldnt Jog, both bits were on for reverse and I had applied 5000 to 2004 for speed. There is a lot to learn about servo control and I must be learning the hard way. Regards

How did you apply 5000 value? Always remember, that in the Omron PLC instruction a bare number is not a number, but a CIO address. The speed is 32-bit, so MOVL should be used. Also, "if the SERVO UNLOCK, DEVIATION COUNTER RESET, EMERGENCY STOP, OR DECELERATION STOP command bit is turned ON, the jog command will be ignored. Be sure that all of these command bits are OFF before attempting a jog operation. " Edited by Sergei Troizky

Hello Sergei, Yes I use MOVL for my Speed. I had used a Omron Function Block fom the NCF Control Section and had used bit 2009 to enable operation. The direction was done by turning Bit 2010 pn and off and my speed, acceleration and deceleration were controlled by MOVL. All the parameters for speed etc were set quite low. Will order another motor and try again. Have you ever used the Jog DINT Function Block. Its in the Library. Regards