hboyer90

Communicating from CompactLogix to PanelView 600

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I have a question. We recently upgraded one of our machines from a PLC5 to a CompactLogix. We have an old PanelView 600 that uses DH/RIO to communicate. In the past we have used an AN-X module to communicate from the PLC5 (DH+/RIO) to the new PanelView Plus (ethernet) but I'm not sure if I am able to use the same AN-X module to go from CompactLogix (ethernet) to PanelView 600 (DH+/RIO). I know on ControlLogix there is a DH/RIO card you can install but you are unable to do that with CompactLogix. We have used the AN-X modules to successfully talk to our Robot Controller that uses DH+. Anyway to make this work without upgrading to a PanelView Plus? Thanks

You didn't mention which Compact Logix you have, but do you have a serial port on the Panel View 600 and a serial port on the Compact Logix? You could use DF1 instead maybe.

What is the complete catalog number of your PV? A standard panelview does not support both DH+ and RIO. One or the other.

Yeah, I just realized that I should have added catalog numbers, my bad. Well, good news for my situation is that my AB rep convinced our boss that we should just buy a new PanelView Plus 700 to go along with the new CompactLogix instead of trying to figure out how to get the old one to work. So its all good now. :)