Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chombium

CJ1M + SCU41

11 posts in this topic

Hi, I have CJ1M and SCU41 connected to it. I've developed a program that uses the SCU41. The SCU was addressed as Unit No. 0. Now I want to change the Unit No. from 0 to something else. To configure the SCU port's settings I've use the description in SCU Operation manual. It says that the configuration fot the port is at D30000 + 100 x Unit number When I try to change the Unit No. I change the config word location acording to that equation above. I'm using the same value to configure the port as when it was Unit No. 0 The thing is that the SCU doesn't send any data I don't get IO Table error. GREETZ, chombium

Because I have only one external Unit attached, Is there any logic that "blocks" the bigger Unit No. ? Guess not

Did you change the node number of your SCU41 in the I/O Table? As far as I know, there isn't any restriction on using larger node numbers as long as you don't use a number that is greater than the maximum (or the same node number for more than one device). Just to be sure (as I first did this), if you are changing the node value on your device, make sure that you realize that 10^0 is the "1-9", and 10^1 is the "10-90". Also, if you have changed the node number, it should have been done without power. If you did it with power on (not recommended), you will need to cycle power in order for the changes to take effect....at which point you will probably get your IO error. I hope this helps! Tig

The Unit number is not set by the DM30000. You must rotate the Unit Number Switch on the front of the SCU and the re-create the I/O table. It is much easier to setup the ports through the I/O table dialogue than it is to manually set the DM registers. Look for Unit Setup when Online.

Yes I did, elsewise I would've get an IO error. I just wanted to switch the Unit No to 4. I changed the rotary swithch on the device to 4. Then corrected the IO Table, and reprogrammed the PLC. I know that DM30000 doesn't hold Unit No, I just wanted to say that I configured the serial port (9600,8,N,2) as it was configured when the device had Unit No. 0 The result I got was: No IO Table error, but no communication as well. It's really weird. I did everything by the book

I know i am jumping on the bus a little late here but the program you wrote...did you change it to look at the new location ???? If you like just post a sample of the section that calls the port.....

Hi Sleepy, My program is a copy of your modbus protocol macro server example The messages I'm sending are defined in the memory starting from D100 I first check if the SCU is ready for sending, then I calculate the starting address of the message, and I send the message using PMCR with index addressing. Everything about sending to the port is a modified copy of your example code I use SCU41's PORT1 (RS485 port) I think there isn't any problem with the program. If I define the SCU41 with Unit No 0 and set the status bits and communication parameters in D aria then it works perect. If I change the Unit No. to somethinhg else it's not working. In the first case Unit No 0: I define 860A in D30000 (9600,8,N,2) and CIO1500 as status and if Unit No 4: 860A in D30400 and CIO 1700 I get no IO Table error in both cases. Everything seems to be configured correctly. Here is the complete code where SCU is defined as Unit No. 0 Hope iit will make the picture clearer GREETZ, chombium driver.cxp

With out delving to much into your code...When you change to unit 4 1. In the PMCR do you change the firt control word to be #1114 ? 2. If still not working, once set to unit 4, see if you can download the protocol again to this unit number 4...never know this might be the problem...???

Try setting up the port with I/O table Utility.

I didn't know that I should change that too. A guess you and Jay saved my life again. Thanks a million Should I change the logical port too? GREETZ, chombium

You can leave the logical port the same.